Saturday, February 6, 2010

Money, Lies, and Audiotape

While I was working on a separate blog for High Speed Rail, the whole stinking thing busted open. I have posted about it on Red County http://www.redcounty.com/hsr-contractors-have-some-splainin-do/36578?taxonomy=29

Spokker was right, the folks at CARRD (Palo Alto heroes that others call NIMBYs) tracked the funky ridership numbers back to a memo from the subcontractor showing that numbers were, well, less complete than one might like them to be.

Combined with audiotape I already had of Executive Director Medhi Moshed (I mangle the poor man's name) telling the HSRA Exec Commte that their contractors are getting gifts and trips during a discussion of conflict of interest and reporting policies, we get a pretty good idea of what the contractors are all about.

I, for one, do not want to pay them another nickel of State money until this is fixed, and I will be VERY vocal about it with any leaders who will listen to me!

Stay tuned!

No comments: